Thursday, May 15, 2008

Grr Grr and Double GRRRR

ARGH!!! I'm trying to convert a bunch of FLV files to something I can
put on a DVD. FLVExtract is missing a DLL file. AVI2DVD refuses to work
with an AVI file I have now - a 330MB monster which is a converted
Playstation STReam Video file which plays at 15 fps. BBMpeg or whatever
it is doesn't convert it right. SuperC won't even play the FLV files in
spite of having Flash Player installed, but methinks I don't exactly
have it installed right and I don't know how to get it to install right
and work as a browser or system plugin. (Super(c) that I'm working with
is a July 2007 version but I can get my hands on an earlier version). I
can't get Super(c) to play the AVI either with or without Direct Show
checked.

I'm hoping putting VLC on there will enable my Win98SE box to do
SOMETHING with these files.

I also tried MediaCoder, but it turned its snob nose up at me, expecting
a newer OS.

AVISynth I also can't get to work with that one AVI, complaining that
Interface was not supported. Doesn't exactly explain the problem, maybe
the 15 fps file is the problem. I can't help that.

Then I tried to copy one DVD a friend burned for me, and it's like
fighting the system. However, a different brand DVD he burned for me
read nice like I expect a disk to read, so who knows.

GRRRRR... Really making me mad.

No comments: