it. What's interesting is that the disks done with my Cyberhome lock up
the 'puter when I stick it in the DVD drive. However, a disk I did with
the Magnavox loads just fine - I shudder to think I'll have to re-do all
those disks made with the Cyberhome unit. However, the recorded video
quality _is_ better in the Maggie, so I guess why not. And I can now
begin the project of putting my subtitled Ranma 1/2 tapes on DVDs. They
have the original title cards, not replacements!
Editing that you're able to do on the Magnavox unit include naming the
disk, editing chapter marks and menu thumbnails as well as title names
with more space. I should have gotten one of these instead of the
Cyberhome unit. It may see less use the more I use the Maggie.
Also: The Jakks Pacific Ms. Pac-man 5 game unit I bought in 2006 after
Thanksgiving has required 2 fixes to the controls. The first thing I had
to do was remove the springs under the fire buttons. They would jam when
I had to press them a lot while playing Galaga or Xevious. I hate that.
A couple days ago, I opened it up to reduce the sensitivity of the
joystick. It would get stuck after pressing down, which of course
frustrates anyone trying to play Ms. Pac-Man. As soon as I completed
that, I was finally able to break the 50,000 point level. Now to find
that book I had.
I can also tell people that the ROMs used in the unit are pretty much
the original games! The programmer's signature in Xevious comes up if
you do the right thing. The bugs in Galaga will indeed stop firing after
a while if you leave the right ones on screen and just wait. The hold
positions in Ms. Pac-Man do indeed work if you get the ghosts in the
right place. I found the ones in the 2nd blue board, and I saw one spot
where the ghosts and Ms. Pac-Man go past or through each other on the
board after that! You play enough times and you see strange things, like
Mappy popping through one of the trampolines to the one below. I imagine
it was a glitch or a bug of some kind.
I bought it because there had been no home version of Mappy when it came
out for the Atari 2600, which I find odd. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment