Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I just want to be left alone but these ----ing people keep invading...

So anywho, I get my Unemployment benefits. On a prepaid VISA card. I was
not expecting that. I was expecting a check from the state.

Then 2 days later, I get this letter from J&FS saying that I have to go
through some stupid county "One Stop" program for "re-employment"
services, evaluation for skills, etc.etc. I went through this same
bullsh!t in Carroll county. There were these 2 guys from some other
agency. We were forced to watch stupid pipe dream videos. We were forced
to try writing a resume. I don't know how to write a resume. I hate
writing resumes mainly because I'm not that good at it. I can't possibly
put what I need on one to get someone to consider hiring me. We made one
up and then blindedly mailed them out en masse. Not one of those efforts
even got a call for an interview. No cover letter to explain why I was
sending this out. These 2 guys felt this sort of action would get
something.

Then there was the "required" making of phone calls. I sat in the room
with the phone for over 30 minutes and couldn't make any. I eventually
somehow managed to make 1 call. It was to some 1 man office, the
recipient of that call explained, and he wasn't hiring. The call ended
quickly after that. I am one of those people who can't just pick up the
phone, blab about whatever there is I'm supposed to say, and presto get
an interview for some place that won't hire me.

I hate the interview process. It doesn't help that I never got a job on
the few that I actually got, nor that one guy who blasted apart my
resume and said that he didn't see anything on there that would indicate
I'd be there 6 months from now. While I didn't get the job, I did find
out they hired some idiot studying computers in college - he didn't know
anything about them - and left the job after 3 months. Heh.

The 2 guys from that thing explained they get paid based on how many
people got hired from their "help" which I took to mean they'd find out
what we knew how to do and go out and speak to potential employers and
get our foot in the door. Which is what they didn't do.

I guess they didn't get paid because for all I remember, nobody got jobs
from that colossal waste of time.

This going to this "one stop" thing is completely bad timing. And on top
of that, I have to see a doctor the SocSec people want me to see based
on my filing for some sort of evaluation. I'm going to get screwed
again.

I can't just take any job. I've signed up for BVR services and hope they
reply soon. They should be able to understand my problems and find a job
where I'd fit in.

But why can't these people just proceed on stuff and let me be alone?
Criminy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WebTV is bouncing email!