it's all I can think about today. It's like there's this big party I
could have gone to see, but I'm not there. All day long I've kept an eye
on the clock and thought about what would be happening had we been
there. It's sad that it's too big, too much going on, and too corporate.
All along they've been wanting the companies to come to the convention,
but as a result it's the fans that get pushed out of the way. You can't
do some things, you have to do this to do that. Preference given to
media. You can't sell this. It's like a big trade show. Much of the fun
is gone.
But at the same time, it's not the companies that made Anime North fun.
For me, it's the girls in costume, and the underlying hope that I'd be
able to talk to some and make friends. Or meet that special someone. Oh
well... T.T I'll be depressed all weekend.
I realize we will be going to Colossalcon in a few weeks. I just miss
going to Canada. I wish I could go to Japan. Maybe I'll have better luck
with the ladies at Colossalcon.
----
My older sister has 2 strikes against her in finding people to rent Apt.
B. The lady today got laid off. I guess technically that's the correct
term. And as she was going around paying her bills locally, she got
pulled over by police that somehow she was passing bad checks. Somehow
her bank account got closed. I hope she can find out what the hell
happened. Hopefully she'll have another paying job soon. She seems like
a hard working person. I don't yet know the full details, but this is
the basic info I have. I almost had a single gentleman and his dog in
line to rent the place, but I never got a reply I was expecting.
Anywho, when I came home, her car was blocking the driveway. I told her
it's safe to park in the grass. She also had Mom's rolltop desk OUTSIDE
(without asking anyone) with plants all over it. I mentioned to her
about this being outside. She said she didn't have room for it. I said I
don't think Mom would want it ruined. And after I bring down the air
conditioner left in Apt. C by my sister, she says her brother will be
over and he'll help install the air conditioner and she'll ask him to
help me move the desk up into Apt. C.
No comments:
Post a Comment