Tuesday, December 07, 2004
A recipe for Miso Soup
Here's how one member of one mailing list I get does it...
For 4 servings:
1 young leek
8 ounces of tofu
4 cups of dashi (broth - fish or seaweed, but mainly bonito (fish) )
3 tablespoons of miso paste
Wash and dry the leek, then slice as finely as possible on the diagonal.
I've noticed restaurants cut two different parts of the leek. They
either cut up the leafy part or the white stem part. Cut the tofu into
small cubes.
Heat the dashi in the saucepan. This would be the hardest part for me. I
bought a bag of dashi no moto and still have a hard time getting a
proper amount for just one serving. (It's really strong stuff.) For me,
I usually heat 1/2 tabespoon with 2 cups of water. Whisk the miso paste
a little and then strain it back into the pan. Take it away from the
heat. Ladle the soup over the tofu and leeks into bowls. I decided to
slightly boil the leeks with the miso to make it softer.
Thanks to Bernard B for sharing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment