Saturday, December 25, 2004
Just Merry [bleeping] Christmas
Looks like we'll be spending the weekend trying to keep warm.
Woke up some time after 4 am today, wondering why it's colder than
usual. Oh my God... We can't be out of propane can we? I think we are. I
check the pilot light for the hot water heater and it's lit. But the
furnace isn't. It won't stay lit. oh great. Just enough to keep the hot
water heater lit, but not enough pressure to run the furnace...
I found the info for contacting AmeriGas. I hope Mom can make a decision
as to how much can be afforded. Seeing as how this is Christmas, the
local office that would service us is closed until Monday, so naturally
this would be an emergency charged service call. Just great.
So I cleared out the area around the fireplace insert that Grandpa had
put in years ago and set it to good use, burning stuff (paper, newspaper
mostly) and trying to see how well that will heat the basement. T.T
Sucks to be poor. But I've managed to warm it up 5 degrees in the time
so far I've burned in the "Better n Ben's" thingy. Thank God this little
thing that Grandpa installed wasn't removed.
No comments:
Post a Comment