Saturday, May 23, 2026

That time with the R2D2 cake...

So I guess around 1980, for my birthday my mom decides to go get one of those cake pan decorating kits and for me that meant an R2 D2 cake pan & kit. You bake a cake in it, it tells you how to decorate the cake. We took Polaroids of me holding the cake. I can't find the photos at this very moment but a sample picture of how it looked have been searched & one accompanies this blog post. Fine, good, dandy. My birthday we enjoy said cake, don't finish all of it, and there's like more than half left over. Great, I thought, I'll get to eat the rest over the next week. Maybe as breakfast.

And imagine the cake being cut & eaten maybe just up from the bottom to the light blue rows on the left side to the white part. On the right side, exactly past the middle, that was left cut a few inches higher. The right side was cut higher than the left. Eaten, enjoyed. Good.

Remember at this point my bitchass evil older sister still lived with us. She hadn't yet graduated & vanished off to Wittenberg. I had clearly remembered where the cake had been left cut. I go out, do some stuff for like a day or something. Mom was off either attending classes or working, not sure what. I come back to the house. I see my R2 cake is now suddenly shorter. Cut the same way it was before I left the house. The blue square on the left is now gone, right side down the middle mind you is now up to the darker blue region. There's only 1 criminal. Someone filched a cut of the cake, left a pattern similar to what it was before in an attempt to hide the fact someone cut the cake.

I take issue with this with bitchass. I think I also utilized some sort of implement to mete out justice during which she has the complete audacity to start screaming, then runs out of the house & down the street & goes over to the Duley's house to gaslight them about what just happened, how I allegedly "turned violent," etc. I don't do things like this randomly. There's always a trigger. Always a reason.

Pretty sure during this, Mom comes back, bitchass cries to mom about it, and Mom tells her she shouldn't have taken what wasn't hers without asking. WITHOUT ASKING. She's never asked and had she waited & asked, I might have cut a piece.

The Duleys was a family whose mother spoke French & bitchass aspired to be so good at speaking French as they & as I recall she was friends with a daughter? Possibly. I knew the son & had no issues with him but I admit I could have been nicer to him & I apologize for not doing so.

Evil bitchass has always been like this for all my life. She once took a 2 head Norelco shaver I had gotten for Christmas to shave her legs - didn't ask, reasoned I "hadn't been using it" and felt justified in using without asking. I found it missing when I went to go look for it, and her heard using it. I had to fight her mid-use of my shaver to get it back. Which I did. I still had that shaver for years. I think I had to douse the shaving head in alcohol to sterilize it. If she wanted something like that, why not ask someone for one? They were willing to take her to all her band competitions & leave me home, surely someone could buy her a 2 head Norelco for her.

1st incident? She cut the wires out of a kids' Close N Play record player I had gotten for Christmas. She had asked for a record player & was insanely jealous I got the Close N Play. Yes, she got her ass beat for pulling that one.

I am thankful somewhat this whole cycle of abuse ended in 2018 but not before thousands of dollars of important items were stolen from the family & summarily thrown away. I had 2 valuable Rockafire Explosion posters worth thousands which somehow I was unable to save. A record collection gone, computer software, books, electronics. My grandparents' wedding china & old glassware. A lot of stuff I lost which still stings to this day. A birthday cake remains a little post it note to the whole file of crap.

At least she'll never get any of the Swiss Chocolate cake I baked today, and she can buy her own Kinder Bueno ice cream. 

No comments: