Managed to make plans for today (because Tomorrow is supposed to be cold & rainy & I don't need that) & then actually get out and get them done. Which means shopping for groceries at Walmart. But not before I saw foodstuffs in a box on the donation table! Snagged 4 pounds of rice, a can of low sodium pasta sauce, 1 can no salt corn, 1 can low sodium Campbell's soup (120 mg per serving which comes close to the 110 mg per serving of another soup I like). And a tiny loaf of whole wheat bread which I froze for later. I passed on the 1,000 tiny packets of various fruit jelly from Borgor Knig, but I did pick up the 5% juice pink lemonade bottle.
Got over to Da Store. Someone kindly left (selfishly) one of the shopping carts out in the parking lot (which you're REALLY not supposed to do) and with 100% reading for the battery. It ran fine though it has a sticky thing when turning to the right. Saved me some walking!
I've learned to not go to produce & bread right off the bat and leave picking up the heavy stuff (milk, pop, and other drinks) for last. Get to the cereal aisle and there's a whole swath of the cereal shelves just fricken EMPTY. Was there a recall? I bought a box of Confetti Cheerios (among the cereal I got) but the cashier forgot to remove the coupon... But it's still good until November & on other products.
So last time the Anthem food program card doesn't pay for "Frozen, processed meats" like morning sausage patties. It needs to be freshly packed meat. So I found a 2 pound chicken tenders package for $8.82. So the rest of the purchase with the card is thusly: 1 gallon milk, 1 package Queso shredded, 3 loaves bread, 1 big jar of peanut butter. The total came to $25.01. Perfect!
Saw some curious packs of Matcha whatever it was in the baking aisle... but at $19 a tiny pack? GTFO with that! I bet I could get it for pennies on the dollar elsewhere online!
That one Monster High doll still on the shelf next to the other empty spaces has yet to go on sale... the one I want but nobody seems to be buying her. I see Playmates has brought out Winx dolls based on the Fletnix showing (which nobody watches) and they're not only ugly but wearing ... shorts? oh no. oh no no no no NO no. But hey at least there's a magic item which I have no idea what it is. I guess Nickelodeon should be the Spongebob Channel now because that seems to be the only thing they run.
And another thing not on the cat food shelf was Friskies Turkey Paté. It was simply not there as was most single can paté. I guess if I wanted it, I'd have to buy a multi-can pack.
ALSO WHEN DID WALFART ALLIANCE START USING DIGITAL PRICE TAGS??? I will be writing to my Ohio legislature reps to make sure Ohio passes a law banning Dynamic Pricing practices. IE These tags can be changed on the fly "based on demand" at any given moment to rip off people. I heard about this and a month ago those things weren't there!
I managed to make it in, tried to get some sleep but Poofball kept meowing at me until I threw down some "Happy Powder" after which he seems to have relaxed. Excuse me as I take the rest of this week to recharge.



No comments:
Post a Comment