May 4th - about as perfect a day for getting refills & payments & doing what I needed to do as it can get. Temperatures were not too cold but not too hot, making wearing a long sleeve shirt perfect. Sunny, blue skies, a few road crews out doing their things, hitting green lights when I needed to... Driving not too fast but then I had one guy in front of me for most of my travel towards Minerva slowing me down. Minor annoyance as I was not in a hurry. I managed to get outside my building around 11:15, made a loop around to toss my garbage & cat poop, and was actually early.
Get to the credit union - nobody else in the parking area. Nobody in front of me making me have to stand longer than I would like. Got my money, counted it back to avoid having to be called to find out if I was given more money than I should have... Walked back to my vehicle which started up at the building just fine and continued to work.
Was going to call Mike to have him meet me at Disney Drug Mart but waited until I was there & before I went in to call him. Got his voicemail annoyingly, so being May the 4th, I couldn't resist. Didn't return my call while there...
Dropped off my 2 refills which I had prepared a month ago! Got payments, lotteries not worth playing. Shopped for mostly non-food items which I always got at DDM... I should have waited for a steno tablet at Walfart because I ended up getting a Shrinkflated 80 sheet tablet when mine was 100. Floor cleaner, air time card, body spray, dry cat food & stick margarine which Walfart was oddly out of stock, grabbed a marked down pack of Portobello mushroom caps, marked down chocolate doughnut holes, and a 99 cent clearanced Swiss chocolate cake mix. Green peppers were above $1 each here as well (why are these not sold by weight?), passed on a bag of apples, snacks, and any additional drink (cider or pop). Also noticed Disney Drug Mart no longer has bagged Malt-o-meal cereals...
Refills were $1.60, paid for my stuff, got some gas, and drove over to Mike's place to see if he was there and got his return call just as I was looking for a place to park. So everything up to now timed out perfectly. Handed him the 2 cables he needed to charge his phone, identified the Micro USB port on a rechargeable light he bought. As I drove on, he called me while I was doing so and I never answer my phone while driving. Called him back when I got parked to find out what it was about. Funniest thing is he thought I was going to go in, get that cable he could use, and drive back to Minerva, then back to the building. "Mike, I'm done! What I was going to do, I've done it. I'm going inside and collapsing on my bed." I was able to return to my spot & I'm NOT leaving it.
That would have been entirely true if wasn't for getting officialness on my rent money order receipt & getting in & putting things away I discovered my wallet wasn't in my pants pocket. Ah. I had heard something fall on the floor in the vehicle as I grabbed the backpack.
So after I got the cold stuff put away, I did collapse onto my bed, took something of a nap, dosed myself more acetaminophen, waited until 6 p.m. & dragged myself out again & got into my vehicle & saw my wallet right where I expected it. Bonus for my efforts was a bottle of Newman's Own poppy seed salad dressing & a box of Jewish Matzo crackers on the donation table. Those particular crackers are 0 Sodium & therefore great with tomato soup & keep a long time.
And for that extra effort, I'm paying the price of lingering body pain the next day. Acetaminophen takes the edge off but I'm still sleepy.
No comments:
Post a Comment