I discovered Dr. D from records I bought while in Columbus in the mid 80s & then after coming back home found his show on late night radio on Sundays. I would get cassette tapes & record them... followed him from one radio station to another... & then suddenly he was off the air locally & then off the air period. Westwood One & On The Radio Broadcasting syndicated the show but for some reason refused to offer a list of stations carrying Dr. D. Like they didn't want anyone to listen & it was up to the fanbase to report in. Eventually he went online when he really deserved a satellite radio channel. Musical comedy & spoken word comedy along with offbeat unreleased tapes, rare 78s... His record collection is so massive, when he finally moved the floor in the rooms he had it in were discovered to be sagging! Dr. D is a rare one. Whatever happened to the movie someone was making about him?
No comments:
Post a Comment