Friday, February 17, 2012

I finally identified that design

After all these years, I finally identified the dishes I remember my mom having when I was but a child. The dishes she had that through use got broken, destroyed, and eventually thrown out. I forget the last time I saw any of them. Then, after a chance visit to a store that's gone now, I found 2 pieces of the design, and the same dishes I remember Mom having.
The store was called Village Discount, but it's gone now. Finding these for 75 cents each was like the best coincidence or a small miracle. 

So that's all find and dandy, but what is it? As it turns out, it's made by the Indiana Glass Company and it came out during the 1950s to the 1960s. It's Milk Glass, and the design is called Colony Harvest. All this time I thought it was china and it wasn't. I thought mom had gotten it as a set of wedding china, because she had it ever since I could remember. This was mainly available through the S&H Green Stamp catalog. I don't remember how much she had of it, but I do remember some of these Snack Plates as pictured, and some tea cups (or whatever they were) that went with them. If there was more, I don't remember. Thankfully, there are places on the web that have this design and I could practically collect a set for a service for 4 if I wanted to. It's sad that these were lost through the years due to people not taking the greatest care of them.

1 comment:

M said...

Which ones do you want? Here is a list of ones currently available.
http://www.replacements.com/webquote/COLHAR.htm

Santa and his helpers could deal with this request!