Friday, February 10, 2012

A couple of things

I expect to finally be done with my business plan very soon. I courageously made a phone call for info, and when it turned up something more that I looked up (which seemed to be a hassle when I looked at it), I should be able to finally do what I need to finish it.

Also I finally GOT MY OWN DREMEL. Well, it's not that brand, but it does the same thing. On Sunday I was going through the ads in the Sunday paper and Harbor Freight Tools, home of the $3 digital voltmeter and the free LED flashlight, had an advertisement insert with a coupon for a $7 "Rotary Tool" set. Well, shoot, I know what that is, and $7 is a hell of a deal!! Even though the Superbowl was going to begin, I took some Ibuprofen so I could function, and then zipped up to grab one of those rotary tool sets.

Now, one thing about HFT is that the item you want usually isn't where you expect to find it. I had to ask an associate and found them up by the registers, hanging on a peg thing. There were 3 of these things left. They had 2 different brand names, but still it was the same tool.

The guy ahead of me for some reason was making a purchase but his credit card wasn't clearing. ARGH. I have only so many minutes of functionality. Let's move on.

I had one of those laughs when I got my purchase in the car. Oddly enough, the first useful thing I did with it was to use an actual Dremel attachment for cutting and opened up the AC Adaptor for our cordless drill's battery charger which stopped working one day last week. So I'll have to figure out if the transformer burned out or the rectifying bridge on it had a silicon diode burn out. WHICH IS ONE MORE REASON WHY I HATE CORDLESS DRILLS. If it was an electric drill, which is what I should have bought in the first place, I'd have no lousy rechargeable batteries to go bad. I have the worst time with rechargeable batteries.

I also noticed that a store in the same plaza with Harbor Freight Tools, something that called itself Village Discount which was a resale shop of almost anything, had gone out of business since the last time I was there almost 2 years ago. That was where I found 2 pieces of china that is exactly like dishes my mom had. I'll have to take a photo and see if Tineye can find something like it so I'll know what the name of the design is.

No comments: