Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Heartcatch Pretty Cure ends and I has a sad

I wanted to see Dark Precure get her ass handed to her and feel good
about it. I wanted to see this series last another year. It got me
through a very tough time last year. Around this time last year I was
deep in depression because my mom had suddenly passed away and none of
us got a chance to say goodbye. I mostly sat around, did very little (I
did work on some figure kits but after I was done with them...) and all
the shit with the anime club, the convention, and life in general came
crashing down on top of me and life pretty much stopped.

I sat and cried a lot. I watched a lot of TV. Then there was Heartcatch
Precure. Its opening song was a bright spot in a dark room. I had
something to look forward to.

Dammit, I wish I was able to afford ordering the toys from Japan.
Dammit.

I liked how the episodes played out over the year. The summer episodes
covered Erika's club going to the beach and working on things for the
fall culture festival. Erika's lack of ambition in cleaning her room or
doing summer homework. Then the culture festival came along and that
turned out pretty awesome.

They got to be on the Uta Gassen over New Year's Day. I still wish I got
to see that clip of Morning Musume in their red china dresses a few
years ago, according to a note a friend sent me.

There were the various action stage shows that played throughout Japan
througout the year. There are lots of clips of these shows on Youtube.
Look carefully and you might find pieces of entire shows. I found 2
complete shows. One recent show had Kumojacky, and ones I've seen all
year had Cobraja as the bad guy. I didn't see any with Sasorina in it,
or maybe I didn't file that away and I probably did. All of them were in
the musical over the summer. According to the last couple of episodes,
the Heartcatch winter musical is playing now. It started on Christmas.
Maybe that will also get released on DVD. At least the show will be
released on DVDs in the coming year so maybe there'll be extra stuff on
them. Dammit Toei - you had a good thing here.

I hear the show was darn popular and the movie was a big hit.

Then I see a photo from someone in Japan - a bin of small Cure Marine
plushies discounted to 100 yen each. It's like giving them away!!!
Dammit!!!


I must get some sleep. 2 am and there's a coating of ice on things
outside. I don't know if it'll freeze solid with the layer of water on
it. Storm, what storm.

No comments: