Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ripped out pants, gee thanks

So anywho I'm doing my things today, and at one point I decide to visit
a Gamestop store in one plaza because it's on the way through the area
while I'm doing things and I wanna check on a couple things and maybe
get them with the gift card.

I park facing towards the rest of the parking lot and mind you, this was
on a slight incline. Because of this, I will from now on try parking as
close as possible to the store in situations like this from now on.

tonikaku, I have the car parked. And I begin walking towards the
Gamestop store. Suddenly my right shoe / foot gets told that it's
suddenly going to slide out from under me. And in doing so, my shitty
pants that I have on (let me correct that a little - the fabric is just
fine, the stitching in any clothes I wear really needs reinforced from
now on) rip from the crotch to one side on the left and down the right
leg inside seam. Quite a bit. If I wasn't wearing underwear, I'd have
flashed a couple people who saw me slip.

I didn't see any ice - I guess you could call it black ice. My plans for
the day got put on hold. I may have (or it felt like it anyway)
dislodged a few bones and joints fighting to keep my balance and not
fall on my fucking ass. I managed to not fall down and instead climb
back in my car, pride bruised (if not killed entirely) and I go home to
change and then mend the blown stitching with heavy duty button thread.

WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS PUNY THREAD THEY KEEP USING!!
GODDOMMITTTT! I really need to send a letter to King Size and tell them
to stop using wimpy shitty thread in their products. This has been the
bane of my existence. Clothes that fit, but held together with puny
thread. It needs to be thicker and more resistant to body oils /
whatever they're called / possibly sweat. It needs to be more "manly"
thread, Tim Taylor-ized thread. I've tried nylon thread and it still has
a problem of breaking down.


On another note, I've found that by telling Paint Shop Pro that my sheet
of paper is just 1 more inch longer, I can get it to print on most if
not all of the length of an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. I really hate that
lower half-inch margin Print Layout kept screwing me with. So I said
"OK, custom size paper 8.5 x 12.5" FTW!!! Really helpful when printing
DVD insert cards.


Jan 20th - Happy birthday to Becki Doland (in memory of her anyway) and
Elizabeth Cox, who lives in Ravenna and has tried very hard to not get
in contact with me and in fact probably has ignored or not gotten my
messages sent via Facebook, Deviantart, and MySpace. And I posted a
video of her that I recorded on Youtube, too.


Don't you just hate it when you drive somewhere and you either get
tailgated or people drive kinda too far away from you? I mean, there's
got to be the 'right amount' of following distance that makes you feel
OK about driving somewhere. If they follow too close I get pissed, but
then I get uneasy when they don't follow close enough. "Do they know
something I don't? Are my tires getting ready to explode? Is there
something coming out of my exhaust pipe? WHAT!!!???"

Anyway, I'll show those pants who is boss. I repaired them with button
thread and I hope to go back there tomorrow and finish what I planned to
do. And I'm parking right in front of the damn place and tell them to
get their property manager to salt down more of that fucking parking
lot.

No comments: