Friday, February 11, 2011

Going through some stuff

For some reason I decided to go through some of the CDs and stuff Mom has around here. I find she bought, while we were out at my grandparents' house, some DVDs of Roy Rogers that she never even opened. I imagine she bought these and then hid them or definitely intended to watch them. I don't even know where she found them. The Elvis movies were opened, but they might have been from Half.com. And she might have watched them when I was at work back then. She could get around rather well, but as my mind flashes through things, her mobility gradually declined.

I found home video tapes of stuff she recorded, and it's sad to see her there doing things just barely 11 or 12 years ago. She bought our VHS-C camera in late 1999, and she got to use it quite a bit. She went to a few festivals - there's some tapes I hope I still run across and copy to DVD. First time at Jacobs Field on Mother's Day in 2000. The time she visited my older sister when she lived in Ann Arbor and went to the Windsor Casino and went to a Detroit Lions game on Thanksgiving. I really hope I find that tape.

It make me depressed to see some of that again, but things like Makenzie (then my only niece) watching and playing along with My Neighbor Totoro made me happy that I found it again, glad that I was able to record that, but sad that things turned out the way they did.

Anywho, some of the CDs I might look to taking to one of these places that buy or exchange your unwanted media like CDs and DVDs and see what I can get in exchange. I really don't need cash for these CDs. Stuff I really have no interest in. I guess if other family members really wanted them, they'd have claimed what they wanted already.

I am keeping some of Mom's CDs. At least the stuff I also like. I see no reason to get rid of all of Mom's stuff at the moment.

No comments: