minutes into the latest show, the power hiccups and so does the
satellite box. Dammit. It's having troubles locking onto the signal, so
I knock some ice off the dish. That helps things, but then 3 minutes
have passed. Another 2 minutes possibly left, and the power drops out
for a brief moment and comes back on.. ARGH...!!! And then just as the
box is getting done with that, the power goes out AGAIN. It comes back
on and then out for the rest of the night after 10:39 pm. The UPS keeps
1 light and the router and cable modem powered for about an hour or so
before it beeps continously and I shut it off.
Anywho, I find the electric company outage reporting number and go to
use the wired-in phone, the one that works when nothing else will and
report things. I get told due to the overwhelming weather related
problems, it might not be until 12 noon Wednesday for most areas, and
even then, there's spots that won't get power until later in the day.
It's going to be a long, cold night.
Schools are closed, Cleveland is in a state of emergency. There's ice
everywhere there's snow. And ice where there isn't snow.
Wake up this morning to find that the report of above freezing
temperatures was accurate, as some of the ice is gone now. A green tarp
put out front to keep water from leaking in has actually backed up water
to the door and leaked underneath it. It's just in the carpet on the
front porch... Not much but that tarp needs moved or adjusted.
At 8:59 am, the power clicked back on. I started cranking the heat and
getting things powered on. The satellite easily finds a signal. My car
which was covered with ice last night isn't covered this morning. But
now we have a howling wind and I don't need that.
Oh wow. I hear the fire siren from in town now. At least some part of
Minerva had power last night. I saw the orange glow of the sodium lights
over the distant tree line in that direction...
Some people who went to Dizzney World for the week aren't missing
anything. I wish I could not be missing it with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment