re-register my keitai a different way.
I took a little time to read the email from Takhar to the Ohio AG
office.
As it turns out, this was something sent to them from the Bookspan Book
Club on December 9, 2010. The account info they got did not include a
phone number so they did various searches to find one, and presto, they
came up with my phone number. However, the address they were sent did
not match my address they somehow found. I don't know how they matched
the phone number.
So I don't know who it was who owes money to Bookspan Book Club. It was
probably someone who used to live here but now doesn't and hasn't been
here for some time now.
I just find it odd that stuff like this happens without more checking
and oversight.
And additional to that: Ohio Edison placed my mom's arrearage on her
electric bill with a collection company. They fully well KNOW my mom had
passed away. Who do they flipping think will pay the bill? There's no
estate as it was, and even if there was, it's insolvent. They're getting
a Drop Dead letter.
If I were to take a guess as to how much debt my mom left behind, it
would be over $7,000. And the law states nobody is responsible for it. I
don't have to pay it and that's that. The companies who foolishly took
on this task will have to write it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment