through our room of boxes and perhaps find a few things I've been asked
to find. Our grandparents' pressure cooker-canner, some wood recorder
instruments, and a Fight Hate figurine that at the time we bought it
years ago joked that it looked like my dad.
I thought I knew where one or two of those items were in that room. Oh
by the way, this is also where I have the cats' litter pan in the closet
because this is the most convenient place for it to be in the house.
It's not the bathroom or the kitchen, places it shouldn't be. Only
problem is I have a bad habit of not checking on this regularly (and
even moreso without my mom here to remind me when she smells it), and to
multiply that is my grandfather's cat who in his senile age decides to
pee where he likes because he's unhappy with the litter pan, which I've
tried teaching him is not an option.
Here's another layer to this. My twin-size bed frame without a mattress
since moving in 2003 is partially set up in that room. It's been a while
since I tried setting it up after finding out I don't have the room to
do it right. I was hoping to at least get it set up and perhaps put some
boxes on it. I had it partially propped up with some little boxes of
sorts to hold it up in the hopes of imagining this thing set up.
So imagine this. An old cat who gets unhappy with the litter pan, and a
partially set up bed with a space underneath. Oh yes, the cat decides to
create a mountain of dried .... All I can say is I'm mad, and if anyone
else had seen that, I'd be short 1 cat right now. I'm glad I got the
chance to clean that up. Maybe now I'll have a better time getting rid
of the smell when I check things in that room. I don't know how long
that it's been like that, perhaps over a year. Since early 2009 or
earlier. I have some urine smell remove enzyme stuff and vinegar jugs to
buy. Perhaps rent a carpet shampooer for the stain that's in front of
the door on the inside of the room. I've had a hard time cleaning that
room.
I found 3 places under things where I had to sweep, and I'm glad I just
changed the canister bag on my grandfather's sweeper. I have another new
bag to put in and I hope I can get more Type H bags for this thing, and
perhaps the round disk paper filter that goes over the motor. Most
annoying thing about that cleanup job was the hose clogging and needed
pulled off so I could clear it again. I have only a very little more to
do.
I found the pressure cooker. My grandparents bought it at Miller Sales
in 1976 for $43 (the sales receipt was still in the box!). I don't know
where the recorders are, and I have an idea on where the Fight Hate guy
is. I've seen him recently, and I didn't throw him out like my older
sister would have done long ago if it were up to her. I'm surprised she
asked about it. I have an idea what size box to look in.
The room has boxes that need to go out of there, mostly holiday
decorations of various stuff and some of Mom's things. And stuff I have
to go through (I believe it's due to my older sister's 'habit' of
throwing away other people's things without even asking as the cause of
my need to keep stuff - I've noticed over the years some of my things
were just suddenly gone, the sore point of which was 7 cassette tapes of
stuff I recorded while visiting my dad years ago. My messy room is a
defense mechanism to keep people out), as well as storage bins I need to
buy because of cat urine stains on the cardboard boxes. I see there was
no activity in the spaces where the cats can't get into but then they've
surprised me before.
No comments:
Post a Comment