Thursday, September 03, 2026

I risked personal injury for this...

Today for paying bills started off early as I had planned because I checked the weather forecast and it indicated around 9 a.m. the temperatures would still be okay - what was NOT conveyed was the humidity. We went all of summer and NOW we get hotter than ass outside??? But before I could consider anything else, a brief storm went through as I got breakfast and as promised, it was gone by 9.

I gathered up all my loose trash, garbage, freezer filth, and cat crap and got downstairs... oh. Pain in my legs means this is going to be a rough day. Small goals for this huge Do. Check my mail - ah, I got a sweet bonus! Nice. AND MY RECENT EBAY BOX IS HERE!! eBay isn't broken!! This one started out in Vermont, then Massachusetts, then 3 days later was suddenly in MIAMI FLORIDA?? Over to Ybor City, then back up to Indianapolis, Akron, Canton, and finally to moi.

Get outside, there's some guy on the bench. I deposit my 3 smaller bags of refuse in the curbside receptacle, sit down, he asks do I mind if he smokes? I said, no, but you can't do that directly out front of the building and there are places at the sides where you can. So he thoughtfully just finishes rolling his little cancer stick and moves off to one side. He eventually leaves and I take up the other end of the bench to collect motivation.

Get in my vehicle, put the big garbage bag in the other seat, load up, move the chair back back, do my loop around and deposit the bag (lid is closed again), and off to the credit union. I'm annoyed the credit union got rid of the armless chair and it's difficult for me to stand for too long while I transact there. And the teller takes forever to process things. Withdrawals, easy. ugh....

Get to Disney Drug Mart. It's getting muggier by now. Get in the door, my red chariot awaits. Some guy has a tiny table for donations he's taking. Again.

Get inside, deposit my refills request. Figure out what I need to pay Marshall County. Get money orders AND FILLED THEM OUT CORRECTLY. Gosh! So many envelopes to mail out this month.

I have a beeg list of things to shop for and I'm definitely not getting it all here. So I get what I can. PUMPKIN SPICE SEASON! HALLOWEEN CANDY BAGS!! STAY BACK, FOUL MERCHANDISE! I NEED NOT TEMPTATIONS TO RUIN MY DIET!! But I took pictures! The Vlasic Pickle Balls was most amusing.


They didn't have any Tidy Cat Free & Clear Unscented cat sand... I hope I didn't make a mistake buying another brand cat sand. Even the Tidy Cat which doesn't say it's unscented is scented and the Lightweight stuff just doesn't work as well as the heavy stuff. Oddly enough, plenty of Friskies canned food but no Turkey Paté.

Bought 6 Fuji apples for $1 (produce markdown). Bought apple cider instead of pop because while they had a special going on Coke products, you had to buy 4 and I don't need 4 of anything except bread hanging around. I mean except for that one time Myers & Myers did at Giant Iggle... I need some Zero Sugar Canada Dry though I'm up for some Vernor's.

Tried my best to knock out as much of my list as possible. Golden Potatoes had for a recipe. Hope they keep well. Didn't get any cereal as they got rid of Malt o meal bagged cereal. I mean, there was quite a lot I did NOT get.

Get out of the store after paying and oh my god that front area was fricken NASTY HOT. AND THEN IT WAS HOT OUTSIDE BY NOW, TOO. I couldn't get into my vehicle fast enough and get it started and blow that air conditioner. I will likely use the monies from the royalty check to get a checkup & oil change for the vehicle. It could use one!

Get back and Tina isn't in the office, so no officialness for my money order receipt. Drop off 4 envelopes to mail out and while I'm getting ready to go back up, some lady comes in and spreads out some stuff on the donation table. Wait for her to leave and I see it's a bunch of dry milk pouches, 6 cookies, and 3 wrapped individual bread slices. Da frick? Who passes up dry milk? I grab everything, of course.

By now my pain relief has faded and I'm running on fumes. I'm lucky I'm still awake to put things in the fridge and then physically able to get in my bedroom. But I manage to get in bed, take more acetaminophen before I nap, and drink the last dregs of water in my bottles. Wake up later (cat insisted on his laser dot chasing so my nap was delayed) and finally have supper & type this out. 

No comments: