Got my garbage deposited, parked where I prefer at the credit union & didn't have to wait in a line, then got to Disney Drug Fart and my red chariot was plugged in & waiting!
Asked about passport photos & they still do them. Got that photo taken (I forgot to shave & it looks like hell), deposited my refill request, shopped a bit, then got payments, stamps, & both lotteries. It was when I was doing my rent payment I noticed I forgot the cable envelope, but since I got something else to mail out when I get back, I decided to do it then & not panic.
It pays to look around. Was going to buy a certain pack of Fiora TP then found a slightly disturbed mega pack on the closeout shelf for $3.49 so I grabbed that, & then saw the distressed boxes of cereal. OKAY. Poofball's preferred Paté turkey or salmon were sold out so I had to get 8 cans of other cat food he will eat like Indoor Chicken & greens, chicken & liver, and Poultry Platter. He does not like anything with white fish. He might like shrimp, tuna he will eat. He might eat anything but I give him paté because it's easy to portion.
There wasn't a whole lot of shopping for things I needed. Finally remembered the rubber drain plug for the bathroom sink. Things were okay for driving back but as I got closer to Alliance, I felt a disturbance in the van. I wonder if it could be the heat, so I turned off Cruise Control since it drives the transmission harder than I would, & turned off Max Air on the air conditioning & it seemed to help. I really need to get it serviced, an oil change for sure. Perhaps a tire check.
I just hope it doesn't repeat the process of me having a vehicle try to take a dump before going to a friend's memorial service as I was forced to miss Randy Geis' service when the Blue Bumb took a dump & nobody else had time to go.
Got back before 12 noon, paid rent, saw if there was anything else to claim (applesauce is nice), and managed to get in & rest. Got my milk in the fridge, 2 loaves of bread in the freezer.
I'm going to spend the rest of the day in air conditioning and recovering.
Friday, July 03, 2026
Paying rent for the month, hope the van is okay
Today's tasks mostly went off as well as I could expect them to. I wanted to get out by 8:30 a.m. to beat the heatup, but managed to get out around 9 a.m. anyway. I was however rewarded for my earliness with free foodstuffs left on the donation table. Seems like I got here early & nobody knows this is here. I grabbed what I was interested in - a shame the head of cabbage got claimed but it's good to see it was. I'd have liked to made okonomiyaki or use my aged bottle of Aldi slaw dressing made with Balsamic vinegar. I had 2 and had opened 1 & it was sweet & delicious for cole slaw! At least now I have 2 pounds of lentils & a bag of raisins again.

No comments:
Post a Comment