Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Going through a box of memories...

I went through a storage tub as I worked to combine them into 1 in order to make room and be able to store the tub somewhere else. I found a few items.

- a Netspend prepaid Mastercard I got prior to 2014 which I did not sign up for and never activated.

- Photos of friends at Christmas and my 1st niece's graduation photo collage thingy.

- Scholastic book about pandas which I somehow still have.

And then a sheet of paper I wrote on:

STUFF I FOUND OUT ABOUT MOM IN THE 3 DAYS AFTER OCTOBER 15TH

- Paying for a Jackie Lawson website membership - waste of money!

- Paying $15 a month to a Magazine Publisher - Claimed she "didn't know" where Woman's Day was coming from, TV Guide was NOT free

- Paying for a Senior People Meet membership - another waste of money!

- POGO

- Irregular payments to a Chase credit card which had been maxed out & shouldn't have had anyway. This developed from a Paypal Credit Card - I kept wondering why she kept getting Paypal statments.

Recipe for BBQ Potato, Bacon, & Corn Salad

1/3 cup ranch dressing (I intend to use Blue Cheese)

1/3 cup BBQ sauce

2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard 

3 pounds small red potatoes, quartered & cooked (I prefer to chop into small cubes)

1 can no salt added whole kernel corn, drained

1/2 cup sliced celery

1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper

1/2 cup chopped red onion

6 slices of crumbled crispy bacon (or equivalent)

Mix dressing, BBQ sauce, & Dijon mustard in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients except bacon & mix lightly. Sprinkle bacon on top, refrigerate until ready to serve. 

No comments: