Friday, June 05, 2026

They laugh at you if you screw up a money order

Wednesday was a busy day of accomplishments and 1 big screw up. I was wasted tired afterwards, and because I got done early, was able to nap and then Phone a Friend who did so much to counteract my screwup.

I made it my goal to get out earlier than I usually am, mainly because the credit union closes early. So 10:30 a.m., I was out the front door. First small do, throw away the small bags of trash & freezer waste after getting to the bench. Refill my spoons, get to my vehicle. 2nd small do, perfectly apply my vehicle registration renewal sticker. Which was perfectly applied!

Got to the credit union, nobody in the parking lot. I tried to do the turn around & back into place (because the driver's door is closer to the building) but ended up double parked... But since nobody immediately arrived, I was able to do my thing without bothering anyone.

Get to Disney Drug Mart... There's a guy collecting for Ohio Veterans (I felt awkward) but the green cart is there. I ain't using it. Sit & wait for a lady to bring the red cart out... who totally ignores me waiting for the cart, so I patiently wait & watch her move the red cart into place, plug it in, and collect her crap and leave. I ascend the seat and go inside. Thankfully the charge in the cart is still good for my use. Drop off refills, and there's a slow line for the service window which I need next, so instead I shop.

They managed to have Friskies Turkey paté in cans in stock!! This never happens! Got a pack of treats and decide to get the cat sand when I'm ready to leave. There's several on the shelf so it's not selling out soon.

Get my name called for refills (they're done - I had only 2)... Proceed for payments & etc. Which goes fine. Then I fill out the money orders.... and I screw up badly. I fill out the money order meant for my cable bill payable to my apartment building. CRAP AND DOUBLE CRAP. I try to see if the service window can help me - there's been a shift change & this new lady is aggressively unhelpful. I get told a solid "Nope!" (aka you're screwed - hahahaha call the number about a refund) Not worth my time. Maybe I can pay the bill with a credit card... At this point my day is totally fucked. I can barely shop for other stuff I can or want to get there. I wanted to get mayo but there was 2 people gossiping there and I don't have time to wait. I wanted to look for breakfast sausage patties... and I didn't get a bag of apples.

I mean there was so much else I wanted to get but my mind is worrying about that damn money order.

Which is why when I get back, take a nap, & wake up when I need to use the toilet - I FORGOT TO BUY TOILET PAPER. I'M TOTALLY OUT. Like I grabbed the last roll THIS MORNING. I remember the cat sand but not the TP!!!

Thankfully I had gotten back early to have napped, have it just after 4 p.m. when I woke up, saw what I failed to do, & phoned a friend - and Jean happened to be home! Thankfully she was able to help me with this whole problem in 1 go. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU DOING THAT! Toilet paper, money order, and as a bonus, a pack of A&W bottles and 2 Simply Strawberry! So glad I included extra funds for it all.

Finally today I was able to relax after all that. 

No comments: