Friday, March 06, 2026

The worst nearly full day in a while...

This day started off last night with an inability to get to sleep for paying rent due to an incessant uncomfortable pain in my right side & lower right side in my back. The kind which pain medication can't fully relieve. Maybe it was another kidney stone, maybe it was the medication I had been taking... Somehow I managed to wrangle myself into a position of Least Discomfort and fall asleep.... but not for long. By then the alarm clock went off. I wanted to stay asleep to recharge & I hadn't been able to do much of that. That was evident in the amount of lethargy I carried myself with to get to the toilet. The call was there, but there wasn't much to say. And without any color. Odd. I looked up the thing I was experiencing, then I looked up the medication. As it coincidentally turns out, that medication can cause reduced urine output. If it lasts longer than 12 hours, do something about it.

Well, at that moment, my plan to leave at 11 a.m. was basically pushed back. I had a few things to do before I got in the van & left... taking out trash, for one. But the way I was feeling, without much strength & just dead tired... I had no hope. I wanted to call the building manager & ask if I could pay on the 6th. But life is about small goals. I made it out of my unit, down the evalator, to the bench. Had to refill some spoons of motivation. Deposited trash, got in my van, did a loop around the building, & made it to the credit union. Needed more spoons to get out & go in to collect my money & get back in.

Then I got to DrugFart. I just needed payments & some groceries, but most importantly, the birthday gift for my sister. Somehow I did all that thanks to the electric chariot. Managed to drag myself back to my vehicle, get gas, & return.

I had heard our previous building manager had returned and there she was in the office once again when I got back. Should be interesting to hear the story. However, on my way out there was a box of foodstuffs which I couldn't stop to pick over on my way out. I'm a person who dislikes wasting effort. If the box is not on my way to something else behind it, I let it go. But I needed to drag myself over to mail an envelope & managed to score another free bag of bran cereal, some canned no-salt vegetables, a bag of rice, little red beans, and a Tuna Helper thingy in a bag. Love the dried stuff since I use my crock pot a LOT. Plus I make Spanish Rice & Arroz con Gandules that much more often.

But throughout this whole day, I barely survived. So wiped out & low energy & worried about the low output peeing, I couldn't enjoy anything. Ended up with a headache in bed. Even time I had to get up, I was in pain. I hate living like this. Does it get better? 

No comments: