Wednesday, May 21, 2025

May 21st...

Went downstairs yesterday to pay my last 2 bills for the month & was treated to a free supper. Someone left a thawing vacuum sealed Barbecue ham & rice thingy on a table along with a cluster of celery, 2 cans of something I did not pick up because sodium, 1 cup packet of dried milk, & 2 honking huge potatoes which in hindsite I should have grabbed 1. I ended up cutting up 1 rib of celery to heat with the ground ham (didn't see any rice) & with a baked potato cut in half (they were HUGE!!), would have served 2 people with a nice tasty filling meal. But no. Ate the ham & celery in dejected silence. But it was free & now I can cut up 1 rib of celery per serving of the crockpot recipe I got ready now. And maybe even in stuff I got sitting here. Had a good toilet moment this morning so that's good.


Placed an order for delivery today because I have needs & cat litter is one. Held off getting more eggs, apples, chocolate syrup, tomato sauce, ketchup, & the stuff for Arroz con Gandules. Among the stuff I wanted to get. A number of products showed price drops of which Walmart proudly said I saved $5.66. I think I saved more than that by not ordering a few things I still needed but can wait.

And as for Maika? She got to go home but I like to think she moved in with Cyana (as sisters!), who debuted a new look & promptly did a subathon & demonstrated just exactly how talented she is! Maika will pop up now & then... 🌴🍍

No comments: