Sunday, April 29, 2018

My greatest fear

My greatest fear is being alone when I die. I may have a cat nearby, but it makes me sad to think I could pass away alone in bed or sitting in a chair or on a couch, and Marmalade comes up to me to tap me with a paw to ask for food and I don't respond. He may then very well curl up on my lap or chest and wait for me to wake up. I don't know if I'll outlive my pet(s), but I'd hate to have to be alone when it happens and leave my cat by himself. How soon will I be found? Will my cat be able to summon help? This is something being married and having a family prevents.

It makes me cry to think about it. I'd rather not but it comes to mind from time to time. I wouldn't want Marmalade to suffer like that. I would hope family would take him in and let him live out his time with people who love him.


No comments: