Friday, September 21, 2012

boku no ofuro

Dekimashita nyo!

5 comments:

Kathy Floyd said...

I check out your blog from time to time hope you don!t mind.Your shower wall is beautiful,did you make the design yourself or is it something to do with something else? I also saw you were looking for some dishes related to your mother.If you could post a picture I would keep my eye out for them.I like to have things that remind me of my past too. Take care Kathy

Mrshoujo said...

The black squares represent the Japanese kana character "Yu" which is the pronunciation for the kanji of the 1st of 2 kanji used for Bath house in Japan, 湯." Some places have a neon "yu" sign out front. This was based on that. I was given a 9x9 grid to do something and what I came up with in 25 or so squares captures the essence of the character. The rest of the tile design I had no part in (I'm not sure what it's supposed to be), otherwise I would have had a blue and white checkerboard pattern.

Mrshoujo said...

AS for the dishes, I did include a photo for that design in the post. It's not that important to get any more of it since it would be stuff around here not being used. I have 2 of the plates of the design, and that's enough for now.

M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M said...

I will explain the pattern, which Andy has forgotten. I bought leftover tiles from Habitat ReStore in Canton, OH. To use the colors I had available, I went with a wave pattern (purple), with bubbles (blue accents), and green for sea weed weaving around. Andy added the Japanese symbol for hot water, which is the sign logo for public baths in Japan. The shower and top-to-bottom are customized for Andy's height. I am jealous that he has the best bathroom!