Friday, September 07, 2012

This might save me time

I ran into an AVI that didn't want to render as a DVD file right as it came out looking corrupted when it wasn't, so after reprocessing in VirtualDub, I have an optimized file. The thing I'm trying is if I can process it like the rest of the original DVD (same bit rate and all), and after it's set up with its set of DVD files (IFO, BUP, etc), can I just rename it, insert it over the bad files and have a new fixed DVD without having to re-generate the entire disk. If this works, it may save me a lot of time in the future, provided I haven't created another project before playing the one I need to fix.

Additional: I found out that I should not copy the IFO or BUP files, just the VOBs. At least that's what I'll try next time.
 

No comments: