don't know what it means.
Anywho, Right Stuf licensed Dirty Pair TV.
It will be interesting to see what they use for their releases. I have
tapes of raw episodes off original laserdiscs which I got from a guy in
a computer club I used to go to. They have, before each episode: A title
card indicating which episode it is and title, a preview teaser, then
the episode itself.
VHS fansubs I got from a nice person who dumped them in favor of
digisubs that were floating around some time ago don't have these bits
before the episodes, which leads me to believe there were more than one
Laserdisc release or they worked from VHS tapes. I don't know.
If my situation permits me, I will support Right Stuf's releases.
Then I saw someone talking about this and brought up an obvious point
that to me showed some lack of understanding.
They were making a comment about "Frame Rate" when they really meant to
comment about "Cel Count."
Frame rate is a measure of frames per second, in one manner I consider
it. FPS is something like 24, 25, 29.97, 30, or even 60.
Cel Count is not the same as Frame Rate. You can have 24 frames per
second, and you can have your cel count equal to or less than that. I
think most animators understand this.
So if you have a high cel count, the animation could be better than a
lower cel count, as it would be more fluid instead of stiltingly jerky.
I imagine Ghibli movies have a high cel count while still having a frame
rate of 24 FPS.
But I digress.
No comments:
Post a Comment