die for no reason the rest of the month!
Ed McMahon died Tuesday, then today we get a double blow - Farrah
Fawcett and then.. What? Michael Jackson? Holy crap. I'll bet no one had
him in their death pool.
The news channels have been covering this since around 6 pm, and ABC and
NBC pre-empted their evening schedules, both with 2 hours about Michael
Jackson and now with one on Farrah. CBS is like "well, damn, we don't
have anything."
Michael should be remembered for his talent. Farrah should be remembered
for her work on "The Burning Bed."
Steve Martin once said on a comedy album (which I own a vinyl copy of):
"Farrah has never called me once - even in spite of all the hours I've
spent holding her poster up with one hand."
More or less like that anyway.
I'm sure Ed will be missed on the MDA Telethon. I had a cousin named
Ricky who had MD, and he passed away at age 21. I barely knew him.
I'm thinking of pricing the Michael Jackson albums I don't yet have and
maybe buying them. He was such a big part of our culture in ways we
probably don't realize. Gone way too soon. And then there's people who
aren't gone soon enough, even if it's just back to where they came from
(they don't have to die to just go away).
No comments:
Post a Comment