As I type this, there have been, according to one webite, well over 3
MILLION downloads at about the halfway point for their 24 hour period to
set the record.
The developers are expecting for just over 1 million downloads, but
hoping for 5 million. They may get there in winning fashion.
Of course, I'm going to wait before I install FF3. I want my extensions
that work under Firefox 2 to import effortlessly into Version 3, as well
as all my Ad Block Plus blocking rules. I spent a lot of time figuring
out what to block to stop stupid things happening on pages and I intend
to keep those rules if I want to use Firefox 3.
Extensions I currently use: 4chan's plug in, Video Downloader, Ad Block
Plus, Flash Block, RefControl, and Download Manager Tweak. I also want
my other cookie and image blocking preferences also kept and imported
into FF3, as well as all my bookmarked favorites.
I grabbed a copy of the Firefox 3 installer just before 3 pm EST. Some
comments posted by people about nitpicky crybaby points about the time
of executing the download and stuff just show the stupidity of
themselves. I was able to figure out how to get the thing and when -
certainly other people can figure that out, too?
Anywho, congrats to the launch of Firefox 3. NOW GET MY EXTENSIONS TO
WORK!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment