Thursday, November 08, 2007

Latest stuff

My filing for disability is now off and running. The guy from the SS
office called when the letter said they would. He had heard about
Asperger's as well, even knew someone with a little girl diagnosed with
autism. He noted I had no edits in any of the application I did online,
so that was good, I guess.

Even though I read something in Sunday's paper that noted Asperger's is
a disability recognized by Social Security, I still feel I'll get a
fight.

I really want to replace my Cyberhome recorder. Out of the last bunch of
disks, it seemed to randomly choose which to finalize correctly. I did
find out all is not lost when a disk didn't finalized right - IsoBuster
is software that can recover disks like that! I had one burned "bootleg"
DVD I bought in Canada that doesn't work and I hope I can get it
recovered. It's possible to find the files and copy them to your
computer HD (providing you have the room) and then with other DVD
mastering software, re-create the proper additional files if necessary
and burn a new disk that will work.

The Cyberhome doesn't seem to have problems with +RW disks. It usually
doesn't have problems with HP +R disks. I dunno. I should clean it out
or something.

No comments: