Sunday, September 23, 2007

Recent annoying commercials

Just now on the TV, they ran this ad for crApple's Ipod, or at least one of their newly released over priced pieces of crap. There's this song sung by some female singer. I HATE THAT SONG. I don't know what the song is, I don't know the annoying singer - she can't sing at ALL - and I don't know what the bleeping song is about!! I can't understand any of the words. Mind you, I can understand some spoken Japanese, but this is in English and I can't make out any words!! Please somebody erase that commercial!

Taco Smell is now offering these things with Melted Cheese. I know what the commercial says, but it's so damn stupid. MELTED!! THE DAMN CHEESE IS MELTED!!

And McD's has a Dollar Menu, and the people who order from it are dubbed "Dollar Menunaires". OK, stop. People at the ad agency who did that - don't you see the stupidity of that term? You CAN say MILLIONAIRE because MILLION in English ends with the letter "N"!!! MENU does not end in a consonant, so the term would be "MENUAIRE." Hyphenate the word, if you must, but REMOVE THE "N".. ARGHH!!!

Don't even get me started on people who put in an apostrophe before the S when they write plural words...

Does anyone play a bean bag tossing game called "Cornhole"? Where the hell did they come up with that name? Where's Beavis when you need him in "Cornholio" mode?!? "I am Cornholio!! I need TP for my bunghole. Are you threatening me?!" OMG... The only reason this "game" exists is that grown adults need something to throw while holding cans of beer in their hand in this present era when Lawn Darts have been made illegal because of them being dangerous.

I suggest another name for this game. Corn bagging. It totally removes the stigma of the original term. If people really need to get out and throw things, I see they've already passed on other things that actually make sense. I still think they made up this game completely out of the blue. There's bocci balls and stuff like that. Play that. (rolls eyes)

No comments: