Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Cole slaw dressing aged 10 years is so smooth

One of the things I bought on Monday while shopping was a 99 cent marked down bag of coleslaw mix. Today, I finally opened my 2nd and final aged bottle of Aldi cole slaw dressing. This came out of the bottle easier than the 1st. It looked unappetizing to be sure... But the contents extruded itself out of the bottle and onto the slaw mix in the container I had ready.  Gave it a good mix. It didn't smell bad at all. If anything, preliminary tastes showed this to be even better than the 1st. Hours later, I had a few fork fulls. Smoother, less sweet, less harsh, less vinegary. It made for a nice brown shaded cole slaw with an incredible deep flavor note. So smooth and creamy. A shame Aldi hasn't stocked it on the regular since then. 

This bottle has a Best By date of Apr 13, 2017, so if it was made months previous, that might make it 2016. I'd like to say this is a 10 year old bottle of slaw dressing which aged gracefully thanks to the apple cider vinegar. Yes, this beats KFC.

No comments: