Sunday, February 08, 2026

Discoveries

Well, I found out some things today.

The little white box for converting composite video to VGA signals works! I bought this device off eBay about a year ago? It was last year anyway.

And one of the chargers which I bought in bulk & suddenly stopped wanting to charge my LG56VL actually works as this is what I'm powering the box. The image looks best in 720p mode.

As for the color... The tube is working fine as the self-test showed me. This is an input problem. Likely with the cable having a broken wire somewhere or it could be the box not outputting the correct colors on the correct pins. I don't know. The monitor has no way to adjust the color guns through the config menu. So I'll probably do something about the cable. This monitor is a Multisync model & best at adapting to odd video signals.


No comments: