Went shopping for things yesterday & I'm sorry. My hips & lower back are not happy. Everything went mostly as planned though after I got back, I remembered things I forgot like breakfast sausage patties. I should have enough until next month as I eat only 1 on Sunday when I make my special breakfast.
My main goal was to get everything I couldn't on Monday & had to recuperate for 2 days to feel up to it. I also intended to turn 3 cans of Veggetarian Beans into Non-Veggetarian Chili with adding 1 pound of bulk roll sausage browned with 1 chopped onion & then broken up in the crank chopper so it's distributed evenly throughout the mixture. Sausage grease left in the pot because Fat is Flavor!
After that, those 3 cans of beans + 1 more of Chili Beans, 100+ grams of sliced mushrooms, reduced sodium Old Bay Seasoning, 1 can no salt diced tomatoes, 1 small can tomato paste (which needed using), & perhaps 1/4 to 1/2 cup Siracha Sauce!! Mom would always use Chili Powder but in my recent years it has never really done anything. Maybe it adds a different flavor note? Siracha certainly adds the heat I'm hoping for. Sadly, I didn't get 3 green peppers... Chopped green pepper is the only thing missing - AND THEY HAD HUGE PEPPERS!! When these huge peppers aren't being sold by the pound, you get a decent value for the price!!
Got it nicely heated through, the mixture coalesced & became a form which I consider Chili & some tastes proved it was Darn Good. Maybe the slight sweetness (yuck) in the Veggetarian beans softened the burn or evened it out. I just wanted these cans to kiss meat & grease. Anywho, 4 nights of supper for this.
No comments:
Post a Comment