Today's feast from the crockpot was inspired by last week's Foosebook Memory of Creamy Chicken & Mushrooms with rice. Though with changes & maybe not the same recipe.
I bought mushrooms a couple weeks ago for this & a pack of shicken only to swap it for a pack I already have here since June & starting to look freezer burned. Which was cool since it was 2 breasts at 1.22 pounds.
Anecdotes for this recipe: I had to make my own Cream of Mushroom Condensed soup to hopefully keep the sodium down (although the main overall recipe had something...). And my milk was the mixed up nonfat dry. But it still thickened in the pot!
The other bit was needing a pouch of dry onion soup mix - which in the past I use for Lazy Onion Bread. It was only after opening the Aldi product box which I noticed it's been here so long, tiny bugs tried their best to infiltrate inside the sealed box & THEN when they did tried to eat through the paper for the pouch! This whole operation ultimately failed & signs of devastated civilizations were left in its wake.
Everything mixed up & put in the crock & on high for 4.5 hours. I plan to add 1/2 cup of rice 1 hour before done & check to see if the chicken will shred as the recipe says. Though I used to make this for mom & bake it instead. No shredding.
No comments:
Post a Comment