Sunday, December 01, 2024

Kidney stones (again) & Smart Heal bandages

With what I saw in the toilet this morning & the incessant pain I felt last night, I am done with this kidney stone business. I lived most of my life without a single problem & here in these past 6 to 9 years I've experienced enough of this shit.

I had a horrible night. I thought it began with pain in my lower left back & it just kept going. And then I had discomfort in my gut like 3 days of Thanksgiving leftovers lead to a mutiny in my colon or something. I almost didn't get any sleep because of having to adjust my position to get comfort. At one point, I enlisted the presence of a big Lysol can to press on my back for relief. It was Very Hard to get sleep with all of this crap going on. Somehow I did.

Wake up & do things & take the morning pills. Have to pee. Barely poop anything for what I felt. Peed as expected but I take a look... And there's red in there. And it's not like the amount I saw 2 weeks ago, it's like "oh hey we made a thingy & this is proof." So yeah. Kidney stone. It's happened before as I recall. The pattern of suffering & discomfort is accordingly the same.

On a positive note, a patch on my right leg shin area which formed a blister which I popped, drained, picked the dead skin off, then was having a hard time healing & was just red from blood on the surface & not really stinging or irritating me... at least for a couple of weeks prior... I got 2 boxes (not cheap) of Equate "Smart heal" hydrocolloid gel bandages. Ideal for large areas, drug free, & helps reduce scarring... I put 1 on there & covered it last Sunday. Had to change it today & took a look. No longer bloody! Skin has regrown & healing cleanly.

If I compared this to anything, it would be those burn patches I used to get at Walgreens.

No comments: