Today I finally set up the crock pot with a dried Garbanzo Bean recipe calling for 1 pound bag dried garbanzos, 3 pounds cubed red potatoes (I used Idaho), 2 pounds (? Recipe said Packages) smoked sausage, sliced & quartered (I used a 2 pound Italian Chicken Sausage pack someone left downstairs - cooked it yesterday in hot water in the Dutch oven & cooled it immediately after) & Spanish Vigo seasoning which I was not able to find so I used 1 packet of Goya Spanish Yellow Rice. I'm hoping the seasoning is unique enough to give a distinct flavor in place of the saffron I should have been able to get. I added a chopped onion because why not.
Judging by the date on the bag, those Garbanzo beans are at least 5 years old. I don't know how long they keep while dried, so they could be older. Recipe said to use Chorizo for authentic flavor & to thicken the soup to remove some chick peas & mash & return to the crock pot 1 hour before serving. I think the rice will do that anyway.
Changes next time I would make:
After soaking the garbanzos overnight, I would reserve 2 cups of the soaking water so when the 4 cups of chicken broth / stock got added it wouldn't be necessary to remove some liquid before adding the cut up sausage & putting the lid on. I have it to add should it cook down. And I would use only 2 pounds of potatoes.
8 to 10 hours on low. Supper will be late tonight.
Also finally tried the underwear from Big Dude Clothing in the UK. I think I finally got something which isn't going to rip out in 3 months & nothing will "fall out." All the cheap DXL Harbor Bay product I was using all had the same odd ripout wearout pattern on the right side (as worn) while the left side was basically intact.
Also Poofball had odd behavior last night after I finished with some Computer Stuff I was doing by hanging out next to the bathroom wall next to the toilet. No explanation; he was just there. He wasn't sick, hadn't thrown up, or crapped on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment