Saturday, July 13, 2024

Life is a Series of Side Quests

As big as Tuesday was one huge Do, today's Do was a lot of little side quests. Before I even left I managed to clean the cat pan (again!) because I was going to be outside. Someone left a mattress propped up next to the dumpster which was trying to be in my way as I tossed my trash in...

Oh and my dashboard fan still does not work. Need some ideas on that. I should check the rear row climate control & see if that works on its own...

Make it over for my manga & do my order - & that was done with confidence with my new tire!!

Then I get over to Walfart... And I do not like nor approve of the changes they're doing with parking spaces near the entrances. If they're not reserving them for handicapped or pregnant moms nor law enforcement vehicles, they're now designating them as Pickup Parking. This means the one spot I really like to park because it's so close to a door is now one of those Pickup Parks. They're going to get a terse survey answer about that. Maybe I need to get parking tag... Designate Pickup spots but let them still be used by Persons of Diminished Mobility... As handy as getting groceries delivered is, I still want to try to enjoy in-person shopping mainly to see what else the store has. Like that time when they had those replica arcade mini games & I got the Fix It Felix game.

I was mainly doing a fill-in shopping run being in the middle of the month. Stuff I didn't get earlier & stuff I ran out of.

Side quest (ongoing) : Gather ingredients for Puerto Rican Rice. Somehow I have the pigeon peas already. Today I got closer to completion with the olives (though I got regular sliced black olives as I hate green olives & almost bought Manzanillia olives because Kalamata was not in stock), & Adobo, ham seasoning, & Achiote. Now to figure out what Sofrito is.

Oh yeah - Route 62 Walfart had only Puffs and A SH¡T TON OF Kleenex in stock!! Like what the hell! I had to settle for a tiny store brand cube waaay on the bottom.

Friskies cat food prices are starting to calm down but man, for some reason there wasn't much on the shelf. 9 Lives really needs to step it up. How come there aren't more competing brands of canned cat food? Am I shopping in the wrong place??

I bought no cookies, snack chips, or frozen treats. I can make cookies anyway.

Side Quest (98% completed) : Obtain Sailor Moon Hand Sanitizer at Gamestop

   This one has been a long time coming. Previously available ONLY AT TARGET..  at $5 a pop no less... I couldn't get Anyone to pop in our nearby Target with money & get me a set (minus Cape Boy) at the time... 😔 during the pandemic...

   And I never let it go. They'd show up on Evilbay for scalping prices. Ripoff prices & POSTAGE. Like frick off, scammer...

   So like last week, I did ANOTHER search for them... Evilbay again. Almost paid $15 for a lot which had 1 Jupiter. Until Google & Gamestop's website said the Alliance store had _8_ of them in. For $1.83 each. And Oh yeah - delivery would be $13 because they're not mailing them.

   This was the side quest which I was hoping to complete on the 3rd had my tire not taken a shit. Today I managed to get in, note the lack of benches, wait patiently for the guy to help someone pay on a game, & then proceed to find what they reportedly have.

The website was slightly inaccurate. They had _9_ in stock - AND THEY WERE RUNNING A SALE!!! BUY 1, GET 1.

   I was willing to pay almost $20 for the 8 I planned to buy but ended up paying under $10 instead!!! Now to make a deal with someone to get Mercury & Moon because I did NOT get those.

   So something which started out as a $5 Tarjzhay item I ended up paying 1/4 of that in the end.

Right now I do Not want another human to bother me as I lay in bed.



No comments: