Friday, August 26, 2016

I think (I hope) things are going to be OK

Well, on July 11th, I got yet another "continuing" letter, but no mention of the crap I just went through nor a period of time to expect the next review of crap. On another note, I just got sent a property tax bill sent on behalf of the sheriff's department from the county of West Virginia where the land that we still own the gas and oil rights to is. Apparently, just having an interest in land with these rights counts as owning property and West Virginia has seen fit to tax them. I'm lucky they didn't try to get back taxes for all those previous years they weren't ripping people off over intangible things like mineral rights. If they do try that, I'll let them know where they can go with it.

I also have to deal with getting new tires for the vehicle and or replacing the windshield. One rock hit on the day of that one review and then another later on my way to one appointment.

I've also begun some physical therapy to hopefully get back some of the fitness, stamina, and endurance I've lost in the immediate months and years since Mom passed. Progress has been slow, and I'm hoping nobody gives up on me.

No comments: