I finally got that leaking kitchen faucet replaced. Earlier in the month, Lowe's sent out these envelope advertisements with $10 off a $50 purchase, so I held onto that one just in case I could get a better price than that $65 faucet I saw in a local store. On Sunday, I took $50 and went up to Lowe's to see what they had. I found the Price Pfister Pfaucet you see here for $49.97, which I thought was both good and annoying. It was 3 cents short of being the $50 purchase so I could use my $10 off card. As it turned out, the store also had these various tables around the store with various items on them marked for clearance. I ended up finding some odd item for $1 so my total purchase would then be just over the $50 needed.
I go through the instructions and it says I need plumber's putty for the base as it meets the sink. I check underneath and I have the detachable supply lines and immediate shut off valves. Seems easy enough but I put it off for the moment.
This morning while still having to deal with Melody's intestinal obstruction problem, I'm dealing with the current faucet and getting it to shut off and not drip. At one point, the handle cracks and breaks, so wow, it has to be dealt with NOW.
I shut off the water to the faucet, and after having looked up at things earlier in the week, it didn't seem all that hard to replace. In fact, the thing I had to wrestle out with pliers was the sprayer hose thingy! I detached the supply lines and got the retaining rings off the old faucet (now broken) and instead of following the instructions, I work to get the sprayer connected before fastening down the new faucet. Trying to get that hose pushed up and connected after the thing goes in just is not going to work.
Anyway, I get the whole thing fastened down, supply lines connected one at a time, turned on, and no immediate leaks. Looking good.
That old faucet leaked since we moved in. Now I have one of a style I prefer, rising up high over the sink like it should. AND IT DOESN'T LEAK ANYMORE AND even better - it doesn't drip underneath like the old one. That area can finally be fixed and worked on - the moldy wood removed and replaced.
I just wish Mom was here to enjoy this nice faucet.

No comments:
Post a Comment