Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Are you sh!tting me!?

So for some reason I've been getting these calls from some tech worker recruiting company or whatnot. The first guy I blew off and told him I wasn't interested. This past week while waiting for some other call, I got a lady calling about some similar thing - maybe from the same company as before - about some job about a client in Canfield? who needs 2 workstations "refreshed" and if I was interested to return their call - a long distance not toll free number.

I also got an EMAIL about the same thing. One of the requirements was in regard to equipment they expect you to have.

1. A Laptop - No, I don't have one. I work on this stuff here at home. So unless you're willing to bring the systems to me... you should have one working system I can get to the outside web and look up what I need to solve.

2. an iPAD. - ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? If I'm working on a computer, I DON'T NEED AN IPAD.

3. A Cellphone with a camera - Well, I guess my Tracfone fills that requirement.

I still can't get that iPad requirement out of my head. iPADS SUCK. Maybe they meant an Android tablet, but seriously forget you.

I have more brains than money and I know to work on a computer, I don't need an iPAD. If they are wiping hard drives for whatever reason, I have a Boot CD that has a utility that can do it.

I wonder why the hard drive needs wiped - are they doing a reinstall? Why is the reinstall necessary? I rarely need to do one. Are they getting rid of old equipment? Yes, wiping a hard drive is a good idea there, but why not just keep the old drives? Use them until they fail or something. Get your data off first!

No comments: