Monday, April 22, 2013

Eternal Sailor Moon figure kit finished

Nobody on Foosebook seems to have seen these photos yet, or if they did they forgot to "like" them. 

Finally finished Eternal Sailor Moon. This kit had a lot of things against it. 

1. Broken pieces - either already broken when I got it, or by me after I got it. The bottom edge of her skirt in one place had to be repaired with filler putty!

2. Missing pieces - the red thingy that's I guess a red ribbon that hangs down was not included. So I cut a red plastic coffee stirrer in half lengthwise.

3. Both of her feet needed to be anchored to the stand, otherwise she would fall over.

4. The example image I have of this kit in the Replicant magazine I have from 2001 (Page 11 of Dec 2001 Vol.9 Replicant, in fact) has her standing straight up, while my kit sorta hunches over, as if the staff she's holding is a little heavy and she's about to take a step with it. Maybe that gives it some character.

5. The pin striping on her sailor top thingy is very teeny tiny. A detail I have a hard time doing.

6. And finally - the top of her staff had a ring piece that when I got this kit last year I had no idea where it went and only last week did I figure out what part it was!



 

No comments: