Sometimes I see a commercial I don't understand. It's a recent McDonald's commercial. Guys sitting around some bench, likely on their lunch break, playing poker and eating. One guy says he's got to pick someone for shipping supervisor (or something). One guy surveys his lunch (from McDonald's), sees his hand has 4 Queens and some other card, thinks a few things, and then folds, saying "I got nothing." What just happened? I don't understand this commercial at all. What am I supposed to get from this commercial?
Is he folding because he wants to eat his lunch? Does he not want the supervisor position? I really don't know. Have I seen the short version of this? Maybe they have a longer version that explains it.
I also should gather together more stupid commercials that really bother me. Such as: MaxTall shoe inserts that are supposed to make you look taller for some reason. That Gyrobowl commercial where you see some kid flip his hand around wildly. Why does he do that? And then you see some other kid trying to skateboard while holding that bowl in one hand. Isn't that dangerous? And then that thing claiming a familiar style of cheap amber lensed sunglasses is "HD". No, SunGlasses Are Not HD You Stupid People. Why do you keep trying to sell them? And why does Breathe Right need to say that their product that sticks to most people's noses is "drug free"? I don't get it. They don't advertise "Band-Aids" as drug free and they could be stuck on your nose. They do have a variety that has something on the pad, but they don't draw attention to the ones that don't have anything on them.
I say it sticks to most people's noses because I'm sure it won't stick to mine. Draw whatever conclusions you want from that.
Some commercials annoy because of the music they use. Usually it annoys me when it plays too many times during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment