Aside from things on other user accounts on our terminal, I'm pretty much done with moving what data I wanted to save from my 14 years using WebTV (now MSNTV) to my Yahoo! address as well as web pages I made saved onto a thumbdrive for hopefully hosting somewhere else. I just don't know where to put them at the moment.
I didn't know that the email servers on WebTV would save data for accounts where email was disabled, because I re-enabled it on one account (that Mom took over for her continued pervasive eBay shopping spree) and found some old emails I had saved.
I found a few interesting and memory jogging notes on my Mom's account that put a lot of things into perspective.
It was during August 1997 when we bought the first WebTV terminal and I ended up being able to sell a Defender upright arcade machine (I had knocked the cabinet apart with a rubber mallet) for about $80 to some guy from Pittsburgh who showed up in person and was more than happy to take it off my hands. I used that money for things I bought for my first trip to Canada and to the first Anime North. I learned after that first year to take more money on subsequent trips to Anime North.
It's going to be hard to turn off WebTV and dialup, but I imagine the money I save will go toward paying bills.
No comments:
Post a Comment