Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Frustrations and annoyances

So I sent off payments like I do around the beginning of the month. One was to the dialup ISP I use WebTV through. It's probably a good idea I've been making some moves to cancel our long-time use of WebTV even in spite of the recent upgrade in the email handling of spam. Anyway, I got a call last Monday, 9 days after my payment to the dialup ISP was sent. The nice lady explains that they haven't received it yet. 

Great. Just flipping great. It'll cost me $15 to sent to Western Onion to find out if the thing was cashed or not. And the Post Office for some reason doesn't offer Delivery Confirmation for just regular envelopes. This is really stupid. You can send something Certified, but not the cheaper confirmation for a regular envelope?

I don't know when I'll get around to being able to trace that first attempt at paying the dialup ISP. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll get that access back and finally have WebTV cancelled once and for all. I'll miss using it and the access to Usenet newsgroups when so many other ISPs have cut it off for stupid reasons.


UPDATE: GOOD NEWS: I sent in a replacement payment to the Dialup ISP Certified over the weekend. The lady picking up the mail for them, while she was signing for it asked the postmaster at the post office about the missing payment. AS IT TURNED OUT, NOT ONLY was my payment Correctly Addressed, but IT GOT PUT IN THE WRONG MAILBOX, NEXT TO THE RIGHT BOX - ALONG WITH A FEW OTHERS AS WELL.


When it comes to mail delivered to post office boxes, they really need to pay attention and allow for a check of boxes. Possibly those misdelivered envelopes were in boxes not used by anyone.

No comments: