Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I WOULD have to find that stuff NOW dammit...

So my sister asks about a noise maker that helps people fall asleep. I
know Mom used it when we were out at my grandparents' house and I seem
to remember seeing it here after we moved in. She needs it to fall
asleep because of some ringing in her ears.

When I got a moment, I decided to check out the dressers Mom has and had
her stuff in. The one tall dresser didn't have the noise maker.

Then I turned to looking in the drawers in the other dresser.

While I didn't find the noise maker unit, I did freaking finally run
across the Go Lite Mom got for Seasonal Affected Disorder (or Depression
in my Mom's case) as well as the other basket Mom bought for her walker.
I have NO IDEA why the Go Lite was even in the drawer. But that f___en
basket!!! We searched ALL OVER for that damn thing! Mom was hoping to
use it because it held onto her walker better than the one I kept
repairing. I think it got stashed away in the dresser when my other
sister came out one January (I seem to remember this being around New
Years) and helped organize and clean things up. Only nobody reminded
anyone where things got put.

I JUST HAD TO RUN ACROSS THAT DAMN BASKET NOW, DIDN'T I? I saw that
thing in the drawer and called out "MOM, I FINALLY FOUND THAT GODDAMN
BASKET!"

And her Go Lite. Why was it stashed in a dresser drawer when it was
something she needed? She was hoping to find it and show one doctor she
went to about things since the doctor expressed interest in seeing the
device, perhaps recommend it to others.

But I didn't turn up the noise maker. My back was yelling at me over the
exertion, so I took a break and decided to check out the toy box /
storage bin. It wasn't in there either (so it must be in a box upstairs
in that... room), but I managed to find something else. I knew it when I
saw it what the hell it was... Dammit. The yellow piece that went on the
... water reservoir for Mom's BIPAP machine when you needed to rinse it
out and clean it. We lost that at some point and I spent 2 years holding
my fingers over the holes when I rinsed it out with a little vinegar to
remove the annoying particulate build-up inside it. Why the hell did it
end up in with the toys?

Going through the toys was depressing. It certainly was full of the love
my Mom had for her grandchildren. It makes me depressed to realize that
when I finally start a family, my children will never meet a grandmother
that would have loved them a lot as well.

I just HAD to find all 3 of those items today. I still have so much of
Mom's stuff here. I don't know what I'm going to do with a lot of her
books. I will keep some, but there's a lot I have no desire to keep, and
since nobody in the family has voiced any interest (which is a damn
shame), when I sell or get some amount of money out of them, I will use
it as I please and if anyone has a problem, they'll just have to deal
with it.

No comments: