Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Stick it, Takhar Group

I have gotten 3 calls from this scam operation that does business as a
collection agency. A recorded message has been left after 5 pm (not
allowed under Federal laws regarding debt collector companies) and I've
gotten a call on Saturday (also not allowed). I have sent them a letter
that told them they are no longer allowed to contact our phone number
once they have been notified not to do so, but since they have ignored
that Drop Dead letter, I filed a complaint with my state's attorney
general office. I hope something will happen.

I know I can press charges and get at least $1,000 out of their asses
for violating federal laws.

They do not say for whom they are calling or why, just the recorded
message claiming we "must" contact them about an "urgent" matter, but
they don't specify any more than that. Until they do, they're not
getting a reponse. But even then, they're not getting any kind of
response except being sued.

Oh, yeah, they have a website, but nothing comes up when I plug in our
phone number.

No comments: