feel angry at the rest of the county who stupidly voted for McCain.
Judging from the small sampling of people who showed up to vote, any of
the old people who went to vote (one man who clearly should have voted
absentee) appeared to be people who were voting against Obama simply
because they are racist. Just my opinion, of course, I'm just saying...
I have only my point of view to go from. I could be wrong, but probably
not in this case.
Ralph Nader has successfully killed his own career after calling Obama
an "Uncle Tom" on nationwide FOX TV in front of Shephard Smith.
Hopefully someone will upload the clip to Youtube and include the 1
second of stunned silence after that remark and Shep's comment
afterwards. Nader has become insane and bitter, sorta like Steve Allen
in his later years when he went off on idiotic rants about how there's
nothing "suitable" on television anymore.
Issue 5 PASSED. People in Ohio surprised me on that one. With almost no
publicity in favor of the Yes vote on Issue 5 (Payday lending
referendum), and LOTS of lies for a No vote (like having your personal
info entered into some database every time you take out one of their
loans - which I don't have to remind you but I will ISN'T in the law
they passed in the Ohio legislature and ALSO NOT PART OF THE LAW IN THE
REFERENDUM), I would like to feel that people read this one for once and
voted accordingly. In these rough times, we don't need another loan
shark abusive industry siphoning money out of already-poor people's
pockets. No jobs will be lost and I'm certainly not going to shed tears
should payday lenders in Ohio feel they need to close up shop because
they have to make money legally.
And I'm glad that one idiot will be leaving Washington DC for his
village in Texas, while we're sending another idiot back to her village
in Alaska when she can be symbolically stoned to death for her crimes.
So to speak. I tell you we managed to get this one right for once and
have averted many tragedies that "could have been" but now won't. Less
likely Roe V Wade will be overturned now, which pisses off the religious
minority and I chuckle to myself when I think about that. Heh.
heheheheee!
No comments:
Post a Comment