bought a few years ago while in Toronto for Anime North. I could read
the Kunoichi part, but the other 3 kanji were badly written in a style I
couldn't make out. One image board got a few of these pics in JPG form
and people quickly Identified it as a Playstation game, Kunoichi
Torimonocho. I think the readings on that are wrong, as I turned up
'kari'monochou. I have to find my paper kanji dictionary for the meaning
of that first one as my electronic one does not say anything for it,
just a reading.
As they also indicated, I was able to locate an ISO archive and after
making 3 coasters, finally made a working CD with InfraRecorder and
checked out the game. Youtube even has a few clips of it. I'm going to
need a translated guide, because while I can read some Japanese, this
has way more than I know but will probably learn. I was able to do some
things and understand a little which is nice.
Then I got to thinking... Hey, what else can I find? Nonworking links to
the Wedding Peach game. Bushido Blade 1 turned out OK. Loved the demos
on the PSX magazine CD, but I can't find it anymore.
However, and I hope people realize this, ISOs of the Saber Mariontte J
Battle Sabers disc are incomplete! It's missing the audio CD session of
the disk. I had a burned copy bootleg bought in Toronto some years ago,
and I think I got it to work only 3 times and I can't rememer what I
did. ISOs on the net are clearly missing something because the disk will
start and stop many times and waiting long enough, nothing comes up. At
least it has the non-credit opening to the SMJ anime which I'm able to
play with the cartridge we got. ^_^ If I'm doing something wrong or "not
waiting long enough" - how long is enough to wait for this game???
Of course, the disclaimer - I tested these games for review purposes
only, and I won't be keeping these copies. They may well be destroyed by
the time you read this. In the case of the SMJ game, I hope to be
looking for an import from Japan of an actual produced and pressed game
CD because I have seen this one played and it looks great ( as well as
the voices, too). A shame it wasn't released here.
1 comment:
The hand written title, in the graphic, isn't the easiest to read.
It is:
くノいち
捕物帖
Kunoichi Torimonochou
(Female Ninja Detective Story/Detective's Memoirs)
Bruce
Post a Comment